Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The North Pole, eh???

So the last two weeks have rocked. Since mom and dad left, I had lots of work and a little time to play. I had a good time on my next day off but basically just did the usual grocery shopping, laundry, cleanup thing. Then I worked another five days and on my next day off had a BLAST!! The roomies and I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and had such a great time. We started out at Epcot for our last time at the Food and Wine Festival (tear) and had an awesome time there. We all tried lots of food and wine and I got more of my new favorite Cherry Wheat Beer by Sam Adams. We did the free Sam Adams tasting and learned a little about the brewery and beer. It was a super good time. I went on Mission:Space for the first time in the "intense" part and it was pretty sweet. Then we headed to the party and had so much fun!!! There was trick-or-treating, special shows and fireworks and Mickey and Minnie in costume. I even got to see Stitch dressed up as Elvis and if you have seen the movie before you know why that's so cute.

Then work this week has been going pretty well. I applied to be a trainer so I will let you all know when I find out about that. I also worked in Icon the other day and had quite an interesting shift. I had to go and guard restrooms again and tell all the ladies they couldn't use the restroom. I would rather CLEAN the restroom than do this job because it sucks to be told you can't go pee. Just like last time too, this lady just WALKS into the men's restroom with her whole family. I had told her that her young daughter could go in there with her husband but I guess she took that to mean she could to. Whatever, crazy people everywhere. Then I met Santa Claus when I stopped to a nice looking older gentleman with white hair and white beard, I should have known. He kept telling me how he was Santa and I just didn't know what to say so I just smiled and nodded. He ended our conversation with "Don't forget to say your prayers, that's the most important thing!". He was very nice though and a pleasure to talk to.

I talked to lots of fun people this week. My class is going pretty well, it's fun to hear from managers and important people in different lines of business. I am still looking into possibly coming back and being "friends" with the characters. I'm not quite sure what the appeal is to standing around in a hot sweaty costume and taking pictures with people but I just feel the urge. We'll have to see.

In the meantime, I am going home Thursday morning (yayyy so soon!!!) and am very excited to go home and see Laney, the fam, the doggies and incredibly super excited to see Jeremy because I have yet to see him since I left. It's probably the longest we've gone without seeing each other since we became friends when we were 12!! Jeremy and Berkson are both coming to our family's Not So Timely Thanksgiving Dinner on Friday along with Shauna and Tori, the boys and Richard and Ilene. Dad has to leave early but we'll still have a dandy time. Then, next Saturday my roomies from home are coming yayyyy and we're going to have SO much fun I'm sure!!! Joni and Scott are coming just a few weeks after that and then a month later dad will be back to drive home with me.

It's going by SOOO fast I can't believe it. But I'm still having super lots of fun. :-) Pics to come of all the recent festivities!!

1 comment:

Debbie Harris said...

Miss you and can't wait to see you!