Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Family, friends and a little big o' magic!!!

So this weekend was just fabulous with my parents and the Mandels. We had a spectacular time!! I picked mom and dad up on Friday at the airport and we headed to Universal (eeeek, traitorous!) and had lots of fun there. We ate in Margaritaville which had good food, good music and a volcano that erupted every hour or so. Mom and I split one of the best burgers I've had in a while and after that we went on Spiderman which is an awesome ride. I convinced dad to go on the Hulk coaster with me (his first one in 8 years) and after that we decided to head to the other park. We saw Shrek 4D and then the Terminator show because we missed those last time. We had oodles of fun and decided to head out towards the hotel. I showed them my apartment and we decided on dinner at Kobe, mmmm sushi. After checking in, we ate with Scott and Joni and it was delicious as always there. We just hung out after dinner. It was nice and relaxing.

Saturday entailed shopping at Cast Connection, the outlet mall and chillin' all day. We had dinner at Ohana, my fave, but we were a little bit disappointed in their trying to split up our group and we were kind of on the outskirts so didn't have quite as much ambiance as the middle of the room has. But the food was amazing and we had a good time. We rode the monorail to the Grand Floridian which is absolutely gorgeous and then headed back to the Polynesian so Scott's friends who were also with us could help back home.

Sunday we got up super duper early and headed to the Animal Kingdom Lodge just so my parents and Scott and Joni could see it. They loved it and after that we headed to Epcot for some food, wine and fun. We rode Finding Nemo and Journey into the Imagination, did a little shopping and ate some awesome food. I also tried the Octoberfest beer in Germany and the Cherry Wheat beer at the Hops and Barley Market. The Cherry was amazing, a new fave. We all took a little nap in the American Adventure and then decided to head to MGM.

It sadly rained for a big period of time when we were at the Studios but we got back doored at Tower (thank you Jess!!) and then hid in a store while it was raining and I got us VIP seats at Fantasmic!. We had dinner, strange that I haven't had lots of food in the park since I don't eat there that often! After that we headed up to the show and got drizzled on for another half hour but it went on anyway. Yayyy!! The seats were awesome and we had lots of fun. We chilled at the hotel for a little when we got back and it was just an all around fun and relaxing weekend. I dropped mom and dad off at the airport on Monday and had class right after followed by a shopping spree at Target. Then Kristina and I went to the County Fair they had for college programmers at Chatham and we got free dinners and really cute pics with Mickey and Minnie. We had a ball. We went to see Across the Universe after and I looooved it and then hung out until Heroes. It was an all around awesome 4 days off. I have work this week from 3-9 T-Th and then 11:30-8 on Friday and Saturday so I get home a bit early on those days which is pretty sweet. It's gonna be a good two weeks till I go home which I'm super excited about also!!! Yayyy!!!

1 comment:

Debbie Harris said...

Had a great time and miss you!