Monday, October 8, 2007

What a great weekend!!!

So I had to drop Lane off at the airport today. Super sad. But we had an AMAZING weekend together. He finally got here around 11 ish on Saturday and I picked him up at the airport. I was just really excited to see him so that was great. We did a little shopping, I showed him my apartment and then I took him to Cast Connection and Property Control. We went to the India Palace near Kobe for lunch and it was awesome. They had a special lunch thingy and it was so good. Then for dinner we went to Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The AKL is BEAUTIFUL!! It's like walking into Africa. It's decorated so awesomely. Boma was absolutely fantastic. There was over 60 selections of food on the buffet and the desserts were so amazing. My favorite things were the fou fou (mashed sweet and regular potatoes with lots of spices and such) and the chocolate mousse for dessert. It was great and the waiter knew I was college program and gave us a really nice discount because he felt bad for my small paychecks. :-)

Sunday we went to Animal Kingdom in the morning which was really fun especially since Lane has never been there. We went on Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safaris and saw my fave, It's Tough to be a Bug. Then we headed to Epcot where we had our most enjoyable time at the Food and Wine Festival. Lane, being the ambitious person he is decided we would go to every booth in the fest and get something at each. There are 28 booths. Mind you, we weren't drinking at every one (we would have collapsed) but we were sharing one small portion of food from each of the countries. Near the end I started to hand it off to him to finish but we tried some amazing food!!! The empanadas in Mexico were so good, the kilbasa and pierogies in Poland were amazing and Lane favored the Honey Wine from Ireland. It was so much fun going around to the countries. We finally crashed and went into a bit of a food coma so we decided to stop off at the pub in the UK. I had a favorite beer (Harp and Strongbow, mmmm) and we hung out while it rained for about half an hour. Then Lane had decided that we were going to go to China for dinner and the Nine Dragons restaurant was fantastic. They had spectacular jasmine tea and the food was outstanding. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Lane crashed since he's really not used to the heat or being out in it for long periods of time but we had such a blast.

I had my first exploration of guest service class and loved it. I think I'm really going to like hearing from all of the higher up managers about how they run the park in their various locations. I worked yesterday for Extra Magic Hours and was pretty exhausted by the end of my 4-12:30 shift. I was in Fantasmic! againnnn but it was pretty okay. It went by fast at least. Today I am going to do some grocery shopping, work out at some point and then go to work at 3:30. It's pretty nice, I have all 3:30-9:30 shifts the rest of this week so now more 8 hours. :-)

No comments: