Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wanna ride bikes???

So I finally have a few days off! Yayyyy. Lane is coming in as we speak so I am super excited to see him.

The last week at work has been pretty good. I was so exhausted from working so many days in a row that I was just getting burnt out. A few really awesome things happened though. First, it was National Custodial Day on October 2nd, you can laugh, I did too. But it was really nice because I got to work and I got to go straight to a little party they were holding for us. They had a whole big lunch spread for us including cake and cookies. It was just very nice since our job really is incredibly important to the park but definitely not the most glamorous or thankful. So that was pretty cool.

Another really fun thing was that they brought bikes back to the Studios backstage. They used to have bikes in the backstage areas for cast members to use to get to and from backstage places but then I guess people were naughty and they took them away. Well now they're back. I've forgotten how much fun it is to just ride a bike and my friends at work and I have had a fantastic time riding around to get to our various work locations. They're really nice bikes, they ride well and they have a little basket up front. They're also just regular bikes, not mountain bikes so they have old school handlebars and backpeddle brakes. They're sweet. :-)

It's icky and raining out right now but I'm hoping it will clear up a bit tomorrow so Lane and I can go to the parks. I'm hoping to do MGM so he can meet a few coworkers and then Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival and Illuminations. We're going to Boma tonight at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so that should be really awesome as well. Lane's flight has just been delayed so in the meantime I think I'm going to go work out before he gets here!! Hopefully I'll have some super pictures to put up after this weekend. Mom and dad come in two weeks, I can't wait!!!

No comments: