Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Have a magical year!!!!

Wow, the last week has totally flown by. Scott and Joni stopped in to take me out to lunch on Saturday and then I had to go to work at 7 so that was a good day. Work wasn't that bad that night, it was EMH but it went pretty well. New Year's Eve was a total mess. I got to work and it wasn't that busy by the hat where I was working but around 6 they started a dj who was just loud and annoying. THEN, because they were trying to annoy the hell out of all the cast members, we gave our those party horns that sound like an angry elk and are just terrible to listen to. They started handing those out pretty early, so all I heard all night was "honnnnkkkk". Ugh, horrendous. Then I had a continual trash run from 9-12 (eeek) but after about 11:15, there was no way at all I was going to be able to get in there so I just stopped. It was literally shoulder to shoulder people watching the awesome midnight fireworks but it was great because I got to celebrate the new year with my friends by my side. (Well, close enough!). After the fireworks were over, I only had about 45 minutes of work left and that flew by. I found Autumn and Sean at the park and we hung out for a bit and then drove home. It was a pretty good night but just kind of crazy!!

The last few days of work have been good. I got over the exhaustion of working so many days in a row and just kind of had a burst of adrenaline knowing I was leaving so soon. I got to be on the streets a lot talking to people and worked in Fantasmic tonight so that was really nice to see part of the show one last time. Last night, we went to the Ale House for ladie's drink free until 1 am night and that was a blast. Then, Kris and I dragggged out of bed at 8:30 and went to Epcot to play. We went on Soarin', Spaceship Earth, the Living With The Land boat ride (which I have never been on but loved) and then ate lunch at Chefs de France which I LOVED. We had a great time and got a picture with Dopey so all was well. I had work at 3:30, my last closing shift and Shan and I were together in Fantasmic so that was awesome. We worked hard though and it was really really cold today (for Florida at least). I was wearing my heavy work coat which is a nice black pea coat, gloves and a hat. I was pretty bundled up!! I have funny picture I'll post soon. We had a good night and it went by fairly quickly. I have an opening shift tomorrow morning (ahhh I need to sleep!) and then I am going to go home to pack a little before I head to pick up Dad at the airport. We're going to go for dinner and play time at MGM, one last time.

It's so bittersweet to be leaving! I am really excited to see Lane, Mom and Lori and the doggies and all my friends but I am really going to miss it here. I'm going to totally miss working for Disney and playing in the parks whenever I feel like it and just the program in general. I made amazing friends, made some really good connections and I just have so many amazing memories from the last 5 months. I'm really hoping to stay in touch with some people from here because really it has been quite an experience.

All sentimental and I haven't even left yet. :-) But I can't wait to be home.

No comments: