Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I SURVIVED CHRISTMAS EVE . . . And all I get is a tiny paycheck.

So I survived Christmas Eve. It was a bit crazy at times and almost impossible to get through certain places at certain times but overall not to terrible.

I did cause quite a commotion at work. When I got to my locker, my pan and broom is missing. I get pissed off and think that I left it in Fantasmic the other night. But I'm pretty diligent about my pan and broom. I clean it every day and I put it in my locker at the end of my shift (cuz otherwise people steal them). So then I go back to my locker and see that NO, I didn't forget to put my stuff away. Someone RIPPED open the metal locker. It was a little broken before, but seriously someone tore apart the locker. I was so pissed off and felt totally violated. I went to the manager because it didn't matter that my pan and broom were missing but someone ripped my locker open. My manager Kendall brought security over and the detective came (who knew we had a detective!?) and they took down my info and stuff. Luckily, the pan and broom thief did leave my jacket and rain gear and such in the locker so that was nice of them. But now, I don't have a locker to fit my pan and broom in for the next ten days. :-( I did however, find my pan later in the day stuffed into one of the storage rooms and someone had PULLED THE STICKER OFF OF THE BOTTOM!!! I had another sticker on the inside though (and some rude gum that I can't get off) and I KNOW it's mine. It made me very sad at the rudeness of people. I left a note on my locker notifying whoever did it that it was extremely rude and disrespectful. It was a bleak day for humanity. The rest of the day went okay, I extended for 2 hours so my friend Erin could go to midnight mass at church and it was pretty uneventful for the rest of the time.

Then Christmas Day came and everyone was in pretty high spirits at work. People were all happy because it was Christmas but the guests all thought they could be RUDE for some reason. My goodness!! They were just rudey mcrudesters. But then by around 6:30 (my shift started at 3 pm) my friend Erin wanted to stay because she didn't want to go home and be alone on Christmas so I graciously gave her the rest of my shift (yeah right I was giving it to her on a silver platter!). I went home, worked out, made dinner and watched Elf in honor of Christmas and then Kristina got off work early too and came home! We watched Love Actually and drank champagne and just had a dandy good time. We enjoyed ourselves.

Yesterday at work was just scary. Well, I thought it was going to be way worse than it actually was. We had extra magic hours which are normally horrendous anyway but they have been telling us horror stories to scare us into working super hard yesterday about how busy it would be and such. Honestly, it was no busier than it had been on EMH when I first got here so I wasn't really overwhelmed. The only real difference is that they had people on continuous trash runs for 2 hours at a time (ewww that sucks). They did put me in 2 bathrooms for almost 5 hours but then Xavier my manager got someone else to come to help me so that was pretty awesome. And my friend Lisa was in the other bathroom so we helped each other out. It was good. I met some people from Buffalo Grove who literally live six streets away from me (so weird!) an their son goes to Stevenson and such. It was pretty funny. I also met lots of people from the North Shore and it made me really excited to go home!!!! I can't wait. I've had so much fun here and really enjoyed myself but I'm definitely ready to go.

So now I have work at 3 o'clock today. I am going to go get lunch and do some homework before work. Today is supposed to be the second "terrible" day so it should be interesting. If it's like yesterday, we'll be good. :-) Happy Thursday!!!

No comments: