Monday, August 13, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!!!

Today was my first day of the internship!!! After dropping off my parents at the airport (and successfully driving back to where I needed to be) I began my registration process. They are just as thorough with this as they are with you when you're in the park!!!

I started out by filling out some forms (such as housing contracts and a background check form) and then got my apartment assignment and met up with my roommate who I've known about, Kris. Since this is Disney, we waited in lots of lines in the hot hot Florida weather during this whole registration process. We are in the Vista Way apartments which are bit older but a little better location. There are two nice pools and about 2500 occupants of the apartments. Then we had to be checked over to be sure we complied with the "Disney Look" and then were background checked. We then signed up for a few things and then got to move into our apartments. Just my luck, I got a 3rd floor apartment which was a bit of a bitch moving into but nonetheless, pretty nice!!! The common area is big and although I have 5 roommates total, it's not really as cramped as I imagined it being. We are pretty close to the main building and the weight room (which is handy since I am still on my super diet!). So after some major unpacking of my car (my dad literally put everything I wanted and more into it somehow) I went to dinner with my roomie and did some shopping at the local Target.

We had to sit through a presentation that basically summed up to "don't do anything stupid to get yourself kicked out of the program" and then I got to sign up for a Disney credit union account (coooool). I have another orientation tomorrow when I get my work assignment (fingers crossed!!!) so that'll hopefully be awesome. Then we get to hang out and there is an "Alien Invasion Pool Party" at one of the complexes. Stitch will be there (yayyy!!!). Then, Wednesday, I have my official first day of work at "Traditions". Traditions is every cast member's first day of work at Disney and I get my official Disney Id and stuff. I'm super excited!!!

No comments: