Saturday, August 25, 2007

Oh NO You DIDN'T Steal My Pan and Broom

I had my first full shift of work. Well, 2 really! It was good. Everything worked out okay. I enjoy being on the streets (even when it pours, oy) but bathrooms are not exactly my favorite. It's not even because of the cleaning and such, because it's really not as dirty as you think it would be but because you don't get to interact with guests as much. Adults don't want to get in your way but kids will stand there and talk to you for hours if they could!

So as I'm doing my bathroom duty, sweeping and garbage removal and such, I accidentally left my nice, new pan and broom in the storage closet where all the supplies are. Everyone has told me to NOT do that because other cast members will take your pan and broom, ESPECIALLY if it's nice (I know, ridiculous). So, being myself and believing in the innate goodness of humans I leave my pan and broom in the closet for about 5 minutes. When I get back, it's GONE. I'm so mad, fuming really. I wanted to cry a bit because it had sentimental value being my first equipment given to me (and duh, it was nicer than the icky one someone left in there) so I am just sad. I try to get over it really quickly and suck it up.

Then it starts POURING while I'm on my dinner break. Luckily, there are awesome other young people working in my area who also had a break then. They're fun to be around and just nice in general. They all laugh sympathetically of course at my pan and broom getting stolen but whatever. We're having a nice break until it's really coming down hard outside and there is terrible lightning. During severe weather, we are supposed to take cover in guest areas but since that would mean leaving the area and walking outside in the rain so that was a bad idea.

So later that night, right before I was about to head back to my locker, I see another custodial lady walking about with GOSH DARN IT MY PAN AND BROOM!!! Of course I know it is mine because mine was the only nice, new and clean one. So I ask her if she took it from the closet, she says no, she found it in a locker in the back without a lock and I tell her it's mine and she gives it back. Yay for being ballsy!!! That's my pan and broom!!! I really stuck it to her. (She pretty much volunteered it back when I told her it was mine, but whatever. I don't really care if she doesn't like me, someone stole it.)

And as you can tell, that was the excitement at my job this week!

Today I had a day off (and tomorrow and Monday, yayyy!!). My roomies (except Kelly, she had to work :-( ) went to Magic Kingdom. We also had Autumn's boyfriend and his roommate/my coworker Shan with us. We had SOOO much fun. It was Shan and Ivaleese's first time in a park (well, as a guest) so it was great to see them experience it. Magic Kingdom was magical, as always. Then we headed over to my mother ship, aka MGM to eat at Prime Time Cafe. Prime Time is the 50's diner where "Mom" comes over to serve you, no elbows on the table and you get harassed a bit. Ever since I have seen it on Unwrapped I have wanted to go and I finally got my chance!!! The food was AWESOME, just like home cooking, which was a nice change since we all realized that we have been eating pretty crappily since we've been here. It was so much fun, our "Mom" was really great. Then we rode the Tower of Terror (twice!) and Rockin' Roller Coaster. (Well, we waited a little because we didn't want to uh, get stomach aches.) It was awesome, we had a great time. Shan and Ivaleese's responses were so funny and the only bad thing was that it started to rain so we didn't stay for Fantasmic. When I got home I went with Jess to Wal Mart to get more socks for work (mine were too short) and then we watched Kill Bill. After that I talked to Jer (my hubs, I miss him!) and Laney (who I obviously also miss).

I am excited to have the next two days off to do laundry (which I have LOTS of) and to just chill. It's been a long first week but I survived!!!!!!!!!! :-) Good night to all!!!

No comments: