Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MGM, here I come!!!!!

So, I got my official work location today and I will be working as a "Sunset Showkeeper" at the Disney MGM Studios (soon to be renamed Disney's Hollywood Studios)!!!!!!!

With the help of an alumni of the program who happened to blog his experience on the program, I know that this will entail the regular duties of sweeping the main strip of MGM, Sunset Boulevard as well as cleaning up before and after Fantasmic! the incredible light, sound, water and firework spectacular at the park. Tomorrow I attend Traditions, the "all you need to know about Disney crash course" required for every employee of Disney and then I start my actual job training! I know, you're thinking how hard can it be to sweep and clean up spills and such but there is a lot more that needs to be seen before you can just jump in and work.

I have loooong days of training coming up but thankfully I have gotten Friday and Saturday off so I will be able to hang out and go to the parks with my roommates and new friends. Tomorrow I also receive my Disney nametag and my official Disney ID (which entitles me to entrance to all of the parks and such) so that is pretty darn exciting!!

My roommates and I had some bonding time tonight playing a game and just hanging out so that was really nice. One of my roommates is actually working in MGM also so hopefully we'll be able to see each other while we work and drive together sometimes.

So far, I am incredibly happy with everything and can't wait to complete my training!!! More good news after Traditions tomorrow. :-)

No comments: