Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!

So yesterday at work was very strange. There was NO ONE in the park!!! It was really empty, especially compared to Labor Day. Since there was no one there really, it was a cinch to work because nothing got too dirty. I'm learning fast that to enjoy my job I really need to take pride in what I do, even if to you all it just sounds like I am cleaning toilets all the time . . . to me, I am keeping MGM clean and making magic for our guests. (Not in the bathroom mostly.) There is a new dude who is a "Debbie Downer" and I've realized that even though custodial work isn't the most glamorous or sometimes fun job in the park, I get to talk to people for the majority of my day and I make people happy by trading pins and creating memorable experiences for them.

Last night I got home from work and found a WHOLE stack of presents waiting for me. YAY!! I got some very nice gifts from friends and family (including a Publix gift card, what a fantastic idea, groceries for two weeks, seriously!) as well as other gift cards and a birthday cake mix that you bake in a flower pot. Hehehehe, I love it.

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings because it's close to our apartment and Kristina had friends from work who were going there. We had an awesome time, talked to some interesting random people and decided to go to Pleasure Island for a while after that. Kristina was nice enough to drive so we didn't have to worry about getting places and we just had a blast. At PI they told the people at the door that it was my birthday and they gave me a button and took our picture for us. The guy at the door spoke in an Irish accent for like half the time and we were wondering what was up with that. :-) The club was EMPTY also so we had the revolving dance floor all to ourselves. We just had a blast.

Then when I got back to the apartment lots of people had written on my Facebook wall and Jer had sent me an awesome birthday present. He compiled the answers to a survey that a bunch of my good friends and family answered and it really just made my night. The questions were about me and the answers were really funny. It was supposed to be a "taste of home" and it just made me smile.

So now I am up early and can't fall back asleep but that's okay. I am hanging out all morning and then going to work for about 2.5 hours and then coming to the apartment, then going BACK to MGM to play with two of my roomies who will be off work later. Everyone else is working kind of late tonight so we're gonna party in the apartment.

I'm just feeling really lucky now to have made such great friends here already and to have such amazing ones at home. :-)

1 comment:

Debbie Harris said...

Happy 22nd! Love you and miss you (and don't forget to call my mother!).