Thursday, September 20, 2007

Is is monsoon season?!?!?!

Work was really good today. First Jess and I went to property control and Cast Connection before work and it was AMAZING!!! They have everything so cheap like the 3 dollar Stitch hat I bought. I was pretty super excited.

At work I was on zone 2 which is Tower of Terror (normally the coaster but it's not up right now). So I was just kind of chillin' around that area and talking to lots of different guests. I did lots of pin trading today which is always fun. My favorite was this old couple who I went to trade with. They had so many full series of the hidden Mickey pins (the ones you can only get from cast members) and then this really awkward family comes up and asks if they can trade to them. The old man is so sweet and trades them what they wanted and then the awkward fam walks away. I reach into my pouch and pull out a pixie dust pack even though he had all three kinds on his lanyard and say that since he was so sweet to that family I wanted him to have these pins that he could use to trade. They were so excited they even shook my hand before walking away. It's stuff like that that just makes my entire week!!!

Another awesome story was how when I was in Fantasmic! a few nights ago, this boy runs through the big rush of people leaving to come over and say in an awesome British accent "That was the GREATEST show I've ever seen!!! Thank you so much!!!" and then runs back to his mom. It was soooo cute!!

Two days ago, I got my first "Guest Service Fanatic" card. These are recognition cards that managers can give out when they see you doing things that are above and beyond and I got one for my guest/cast interaction with this lady who was waiting to meet up with the rest of her party. My manager came over and the lady said that I was so polite and had such a good time talking with me. It was pretty exciting.

I have one more day of work and then 2 days off so that's pretty sweet. :-)

1 comment: