Friday, September 21, 2007

It's getting BREEZY!!!!

Well today was really interesting! I was working an 8 hour shift in Icon which is the area around the big sorcerer Mickey's hat (the icon of our park, icon area . . .). I have worked there once before in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! but today I was just sweeping around the big hat. For about 45 minutes, I had to stand in front of a ladies' restroom that was down for maintenance and tell people that. I was SO not popular. Almost half of the ladies I told that to looked like they were going to strangle me. My favorite though was the lady who had her 3 year old daughter with her who said she had to go so badly that the lady ran into the men's bathroom with her daughter!! And there were men in there!!! I couldn't really do much and the guys didn't seem to care that much. I just kind of laughed. After that, I took about 80 pictures for people and traded pins for a while which was really fun. Then, I had to do powervac for the parade which is like a gigantic loud vacuum we take around after the parade to get all of the popcorn and messy debris left by the audience. Right after that I had to do a trash run and empty all the cans around the hat and OH GOODNESS I missed Sunset!!! There were so many cans and everything was much more spread out than Sunset. I felt like a foreigner.

All of these responsibilities made the day go by really fast though because I kept having to be somewhere else. It was good. I traded lots and lots of pins today which is always fun. Then, I met a really cute family near the end of my shift and there were two daughters about 7 and 10 who were trading with me. The family was telling me about how it was their last day and they were hoping Fantasmic! wouldn't be canceled due to rain and the girls were just so darn cute that I gave them pixie dust pins. They were really super excited as most people are to get free souvenirs from Disney. :-)

Tonight I came home and got Panera for dinner with the gift card my incredibly generous parents gave me (thanks guys) and then worked out. At Panera, I was getting an iced green tea thing for my roommate and I was telling the nice boy behind the counter how I've never had one and he went and gave me a smaller one for free!!! Just like the pixie dust recipients, I was pretty excited. Tomorrow I work a short shift, 3:30-9:30 and then it's my weekend!!! Yayyy!!!! I plan on being lazy and getting my homework done for my class. It's turning out to be a great week!!!

No comments: